As mentioned in our twitter feed, BIO Business Forum and Exhibitor Partnering has surpassed the number of requests in the system over last year’s totals. Over 130,000 partnering meeting requests are off in cyberspace, and close to 22,000 meetings already scheduled. This includes about 4,900 exhibitor partnering meetings, which is another stat beating last year’s numbers. We’ve been excited about the addition of exhibitor partnering, and it’s been great to see the adoption by the exhibitors themselves.
In addition to Partnering meetings at this event, there are other great events to keep an eye on. Read on for our suggestions.
- There are close to 170 company presenters at this event! Schedules will be available onsite, but you can download the grid at bit.ly/BFSchedule, or view the list in myBIO and add them to your event calendar: bit.ly/BFcompanies. Presentations are open to all Convention attendees, and are located outside the main entrance of the Business Forum.
- Be sure to catch the Buzz of BIO winners as well! Forty companies were spotlighted in this contest, and industry leaders and executives voted for their favorites.
- Pfenex was the Pipelines of Promise winner, and will be presenting Wednesday at 10:30am.
- Crescendo Bioscience won the Technologies of Tomorrow category, and will be presenting Tuesday at 3:15pm. Both are participating in Partnering, so check them out in the Partnering System!
- For the first time at the Business Forum, a special track of presentations will be taking place for the Rare Disease Partnering Summit. Five pediatric institutions will be talking about their partnering activities and research projects in the rare disease space, on Wednesday from 2-5pm. A reception sponsored by Shire will follow!
- We recently sent an email discussing some of our key picks for the sessions taking place at the event that will be of particular interest to our Business Forum attendees. If you missed the email, you can download a PDF of the recommended sessions here. Some top picks: Bridging the Productivity Gap: Big Pharma Strategies for Accessing Early-Stage Innovations; Say It Aint’t So: You Can Now IPO; and The Return of the Pipeline Deal, which is moderated in part by BIO’s own Dave Thomas of @InsideBIOIA.
- The BIO International Convention would not be complete without using social media to connect with other attendees. On that note, follow us at @bio1x1 and @BIOConvention. @BIO1x1 will use the main hashtag, #BIO2013 and #partnering, but #BIOspeeddate (courtesy of @AstraZeneca) and #bio1x1 have been known to crop up!)
Logistically, we will be onsite and ready to help with any questions, reschedule requests, and lost and found items (we’ve seen it all). Once the event starts, and especially for reschedule requests, it’s best to just head to a Partnering Desk and let us help you in person.
We’ll leave you with a new favorite saying. Safe travels everyone, and Happy Partnering!