Five Prime Therapeutics is another company that will be presenting at next week’s BIO CEO & Investor Conference. They will be among 20 other presenters at the event who debuted an IPO in the last two years. Read below to learn more about their work, and what to expect from them at the event.
What is your company’s lead product or technology?
Five Prime focuses on discovering and developing novel protein therapeutics for cancer and inflammatory diseases. We leverage our comprehensive library of 5,700 human extracellular proteins and proprietary high-throughput screening technologies to produce new targets for therapeutics for partners and ourselves. Our most advanced candidate is FP-1039 (GSK3052230), a fibroblast growth factor (FGF) ligand trap being developed with GSK for solid tumors. A Phase 1b study in FGFR1-amplified lung cancer and other tumors is underway.
How does your company go about differentiating itself from the competition?
We spent 7 years successfully developing a platform to accelerate protein therapeutic discovery based on:
- a proprietary library of more than 5,700 human extracellular proteins that we believe is the most comprehensive collection of fully functional extracellular proteins available
- proprietary technologies for producing and testing thousands of proteins at a time.
We believe our platform can:
- identify novel medically relevant protein targets and protein therapeutics that have little or no previously known biological function
- determine the best protein target among alternatives
- identify new targets more quickly and efficiently than previously possible.
Your company went public last year. What are your company’s goals and priorities for 2014?
Our goals in 2014 are to continue to progress our pipeline products in clinical development (FP-1039 for cancers in Phase 1b, FPA008 for inflammatory diseases in Phase 1, and FPA144 for gastric cancer, projected to enter Phase 1 by end of year), advance our research with our collaborators at GSK and UCB in the areas of muscle disease, respiratory disease, fibrosis and CNS disorders, establish a new discovery collaboration, and expand and accelerate our internal research efforts in cancer immunotherapy.
Tell us something about your company that investors might not now.
We are leveraging our discovery platform in cancer immunotherapy, focusing on
- Unknown binding partners for known targets (e.g., TIM3, VISTA, B7-H3/H4)
- Novel pathways that regulate anti-tumor immunity
Five Prime Therapeutics will be presenting Monday, February 10th at 2:00pm in Basildon. For those not at the conference and are interested in hearing webcasts from companies, select presentations will be available online on our website. We look forward to seeing everyone!
Company snapshots are meant to be previews of presentations given at BIO events by way of answering set questions. BIO does not substantiate or validate any claims mentioned in company snapshots or presentations.