How does the biotech sector performance rank against the 10 S&P sectors since the S&P500 peak back on October 9th, 2007? As of January 6th, 2010, the Nasdaq Biotech Index (NBI) outperformed all 10 sectors, including the overall healthcare sector and the other traditionally defensive sectors: utilities and consumer staples. The AMEX Biotech Index (BTK) had some unique events in 2009 that helped it not only outperform every sector, but remain in double digit positive territory (see my Jan 4th post).
Subscribe to our e-newsletterVIEW OUR CURRENT ISSUE >
TagsBIO EVENT Plant biotechnology BIOTECH Industry Analysis healthcare Benefits of biotech crops health climate change global food crisis Food BIO Events Health Care BIO International Convention Partnering renewable fuel standard BIO biotechnology Sustainability BIO Investor Forum Biotechnology Industry
- Most Popular
- The Real Reason Why Salk Refused to Patent the Polio Vaccine
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: BIO2014 Keynote Address
- ALS Awareness Month: 10 Things You Should Know About ALS
- Sir Richard Branson Inspires Crowd Cuts Up with Jim Greenwood
- Psoriasis Awareness Month: Psoriasis isn’t contagious but awareness is!
Latest VideoAlnylam's John Maraganore discusses the BIO FDA Survey Initiative View All >