With 2017 right around the corner, BIO is encouraging individuals to submit their panel proposals for the 2017 BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology. The BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology gathers business executives, government officials, academic researchers and industry leaders from across the globe, in one forum, to share the latest advances in renewable chemicals, synthetic biology, enzymes, food ingredients, biofuels, and other topics. The conference will be held July 23-26, 2017 at the Palais des congrès de Montréal in Montréal, Canada.
Our top-notch program committee is seeking panels that reflect current trends and novel ideas in a variety of focus areas, including:
- (NEW) Flavors, Fragrances and Food Ingredients
- (NEW) Agricultural Crop Technologies and Biomass Supply
- Renewable Chemicals
- Advanced Biofuels
- Biorefinery Platforms
- Biobased Products
- Synthetic Biology
- Specialty Chemicals
- Food & Nutritional Ingredients
- Biocatalysts & Enzyme Development
- Global Biobased Markets
- Regional Economic Development
- Regulatory Issues
- Project Finance
Never submitted a proposal before? Our Education team has created a step-by-step Submission Guide to help you through the process. You can also reach out to our Program Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions or concerns you may have.
Looking for more submission tips? Here are seven that should help spur some ideas and creativity:
- Relevance: What can you teach the audience that is so timely and relevant that they can’t afford to miss? Will this topic still be relevant in July 2017?
- Write from the heart: You are passionate about your work and we want to know why.
- Focus on your key takeaways: Attendees want to know that their hour will be well spent. Tell them what new information or tactics they will walk away with. See a sample list of last year’s attendees.
- Diverse speakers: Attendees are seeking advice from a diverse set of speakers. Proposals that have speakers with opposing views are always graded highly.
- Qualifications: Can this proposal be executed sufficiently by the speakers proposed? Think through your objectives and make sure the appropriate speakers will be able to convey that message.
- Reach out to your contacts: We encourage you to brainstorm with a number of your industry contacts and see what topics or ideas rise to the top.
- What sets your proposal apart? BIO receives hundreds of proposals each year. What will make the program committee remember your proposal over your competitors?
If you plan on joining us for the 2017 World Congress, BIO encourages you to make time to explore the wonderful city of Montreál! While it may be known for its poutine and maple syrup, Montreál is also full of history and character that would make any trip to the city a vacation. For more information on Montreál and local hotels and sites visit https://www.bio.org/events/bio-world-congress/about-montreal.
We look forward to receiving your ideas and sessions for the 2017 BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology!