The 2012 BIO International Convention, the global event for biotechnology, held at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Mass., wrapped this June. The event hosted a record 25,291 partnering meetings and highlighted a broad array of top-level speakers addressing critical global challenges and the top issues in biotechnology. Hosted by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), the event drew 16,505 industry leaders from 49 states and 65 countries. See what BIO President and CEO Jim Greenwood had to say about this year’s convention.
BIO has more than 16 years of experience in organizing business development and partnering conferences for the biotech industry. BIO is renowned for its successful business development, partnering and investor meetings in North America, Europe and Asia.
With the completion of the 2012 BIO International Convention, let’s look ahead to our fall event schedule.
- For the third year in a row, BIO will head to India for the BIO India International Conference which will take place in Mumbai, September 12 and 13. BIO India will feature high-level keynote speakers, educational India-focused panels, networking opportunities, company presentations, and the BIO One-on-One PartneringTM system
- Just a week later we will head back stateside for the Livestock Biotech Summit in Kansas City, MO from September 19 to 21. At this summit, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with thought leaders from industry, academia, venture capital, and government about the field of animal biotechnology and opportunities for the utilization of science in the production of food, health products, and fibers necessary for the world’s population.
- Less than one month later, BIO will be returning to San Francisco, CA to host the 11th annual BIO Investor Forum. Investors, private and emerging public biotech companies and industry business development leaders will have the opportunity to arrange meetings through the One-on-One PartneringTM.
- Next, join BIO in Vancouver for the 7th annual Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy from October 10 to the 12. The program tracks will give you an opportunity to learn about the latest in advanced biofuels, algae, biomass production, biopolymers, bioplastics, dedicated energy crops, renewable chemicals, marine bio-resources and synthetic biology.
- For those looking to learn about more about doing business in Asia, look no further! BIO is heading to Shanghai for the 2nd annual BIO Convention in China. The event will feature keynote speeches from Michael Rosenblatt, M.D., Executive VP and CMO at Merck, and Governor Jon M. Huntsman Jr.. BIO China brings together executives from biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies and investment firms from North America, Europe and Asia to meet and explore business opportunities with China’s emerging biotech sector.
- Lastly, BIO will close out the autumn with the BIO IP Counsels Committee Fall Conference in Charleston, SC from November 12 to the 14. Join BIO in an informal, fun, and informative setting to meet fellow in-house legal and IP professionals, to make new acquaintances, to reconnect with old friends in the industry, and to take home a wealth of information – and maybe some new ideas.
To learn more about any of these exciting events, please visit here.