In its second year, the BIO Convention in China will be held October 24-25, 2012 in Shanghai, China. BIO China will bring together executives from biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies and investment firms from North America, Europe and Asia to meet and explore business opportunities with China’s emerging biotech and rapidly expanding pharmaceutical sectors.
Read more to learn why you can’t miss this event!
- Revenues from biologics are skyrocketing in China, posting an annual growth rate of 32.2% from 2006-2010; the country’s total healthcare expenditures are also growing annually at a double digit rate per capita (Deloitte).
- Biotechnology figures prominently in the 12th Five-Year Plan—China’s blueprint for strategic economic growth and investment in industry from 2010-2015. As one of the plan’s pillars, the biotech industry will receive a large slice of the $1.7 trillion pie the Chinese government has allotted for the plan’s implementation.
- In 2011, the BIO Convention in China attracted a variety of delegates from 22 different countries. Company delegations from China represented over half of all attendees.
- Of the attending companies, nearly 200 companies participated in BIO One-on-One Partnering. Over 500 BIO One-on-One Partnering meetings took place between these companies. Nearly 65% of the companies involved in Partnering were either biotech or pharmaceutical companies. In addition, nearly 30% of delegates that attended were C-level executives.
- Keynote speakers include leaders such as Governor Jon Huntsman, former U.S. Ambassador to China, Peng Wang, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Simcere and Governor of Utah and Michael Rosenblatt, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer at Merck.
How can these massive government investments enhance your company’s emerging market strategy? Attend the BIO Convention in China October 24-25 in Shanghai for an in-depth look at the industry’s structure and strategic opportunities.
BIO brings to China more than 16 years of experience in organizing international conferences for the biotech industry, including the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest annual biotech conference. BIO is renowned for its successful business development, partnering and investor meetings in North America, Europe and Asia. Partnering at this conference will be powered by BIO One-on-One Partnering™, an interactive environment to intelligently search, contact and schedule private meetings with potential partners and investors.