I think it safe to say that the U.S. biotechnology industry has its R&D roots in the laboratories of great research universities with great science and visionary researchers. These cutting-edge, biology-based research and industry commercialization efforts continue to be the key drivers in moving invention into innovation to heal, fuel and feed the world.
Because of this essential knowledge-driven relationship, the 2013 BIO International Convention will again bring together academic and research colleagues to focus on technology transfer techniques, industry collaborations currently in progress throughout university campuses, and updates on new and emerging company formation trends from around the world.
The Convention will again provide academic commercialization and research professionals with several sessions and events, including:
- The BIO Alliance Pavilion – Spotlights academic institutions within the BIO Exhibition and hosts partnering meetings with targeted attendees;
- The Translational Research Forum where attendees will learn best practices and outcomes from partnerships in translational research;
- The Biotechnology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp, targeting aspiring entrepreneurs in biotechnology, works with attendees to develop a plan to transform technology and invention into a viable company;
- Biotech Patenting and Tech Transfer educational track;
- Select educational sessions qualify for Registered Tech Transfer Professions (RTTP) credits;
- Networking opportunities abound, specifically, meeting with global biotech and business development key opinion leaders – BIO attracts more than 4,000 Companies, 16,500+ attendees from 65 countries.
More than 200 universities and academic research centers attended the 2012 BIO International Convention in Boston, many of them hoping to continue their professional development efforts and move cutting-edge research from the laboratory into the marketplace.
To learn more about the 2013 BIO International Convention in Chicago, please visit here.
Pete Pellerito is a Senior Policy Consultant for BIO.