BIO has officially announced that the 2016 BIO Animal Biotech Summit will be held September 21-23, 2016 in Bethesda, Maryland at the Bethesda Marriott. The Summit recurrently attracts key industry stakeholders including CEOs and executives, industry and academic scientists in biomedical, veterinary, wildlife and agricultural fields, government regulators and policymakers, and investors.
“BIO has chosen ‘One Health,’ as the theme for the 2016 Animal Biotech Summit, underlining the interdependence between human, animal, and environmental health,” said Adrianne Massey, PhD, Managing Director, Science and Regulatory Affairs at BIO. “Programming will explore how biotechnology serves the goals of ‘One Health’ by identifying, solving and preventing problems.”
The budding animal biotechnology industry has potential to solve numerous human, animal, and environmental challenges. The Animal Biotech Summit will provide an opportunity to learn about how and why the “One Health” approach is required for addressing some of the greatest threats to human health.
BIO has established an Animal Biotech Summit Advisory Committee to ensure a strong program that will truly reflect the meaning of this year’s theme. Committee members include:
- Tom Carrato, JD, Member & Principal Consultant, Creative Biotech Solutions, LLC
- Chase Crawford, DVM Director, Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges, Association of Public and Land Grant Universities
- Bernadette Dunham, DVM, Visiting Professor at Milken Institute School of Public Health, George Washington University
- Cassie Edgar, JD,Associate General Counsel, IP & Director, R&D Strategy, Genus Plc.
- Kipp Erickson, PhD, Vice President, Technology & Commercialization, Intrexon Corporation
- Barbara Glenn, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA)
- Dudley Hoskins, JD, Public Policy Counsel, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA)
- Dan Meagher, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Agrivida, Inc.
- Lindsay Parish, PhD, Infectious Disease and Vaccine Advisor, USAID
- Jerry Pommer, Chief Commercial Officer & Vice President, Regulatory Compliance & Quality Assurance, SAB Biotherapeutics
- Alison Van Eenennaam, PhD, Cooperative Extension Specialist Animal Genomics and Biotechnology, University of California
- Mark Walton, PhD, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Yorktown Technologies LP
- Brigid Zeller,Manager, Legislative Affairs, Animal Health Institute
Filed under: Farmer Gene, Food And Agriculture, Agrivida, Animal Health Institute, Barb Gelnn, Cassie Edgar, Chase Crawford, Creative Biotech Solutions, Dudley Hoskins, Genus Plc., George Washington University, Intrexon, Mark Walton, NASDA, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, SAB Biotherapeutics, Tom Carrato, University of California, USAID, Yorktown Technologies LP