Amidst a brutally polarized debate marked by passion, suspicion and confusion, the Food Evolution film documentary, by Academy Award®-nominated director Scott Hamilton Kennedy explores the controversy surrounding GMOs and food.
Traveling from Hawaiian papaya groves, to banana farms in Uganda to the cornfields of Iowa, the film, narrated by esteemed science communicator Neil deGrasse Tyson, wrestles with the emotions and the science driving one of the most heated arguments of our time.
Food Evolution shows how easily misinformation, confusion and fear can overwhelm objective analysis. How do we ensure that our food supply is safe, and that everyone has enough to eat? How do we feed the world while also protecting the planet? Has genetic engineering increased or decreased pesticide use? Are GMO foods bad for your health? And, most importantly, what data, evidence and sources are we using to approach these important questions?
While the passionate advocates in the film are all concerned with the stewardship of safe, nutritious food for the planet, their differing views over what constitutes the truth have pit them against each other, rendering the very subject of food itself into an ideological battleground.
Food Evolution features:
Neil deGrasse Tyson (Narrator), Margaret Wille, Jeffrey Smith, Michael Shintaku, Ph.D., Roseanne Barr, Charles Benbrook, Ph.D., Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D., Dennis Gonsalves, Ph.D., Vandana Shiva, Ph.D., Andrew Kimbrell, Alison Van Eenennaam, Ph. D., Pamela Ronald, Ph.D., Michael Pollan, Bill Nye “The Science Guy”, Marion Nestle, Ph.D., M.P.H, Nathanael Johnson, Emma Naluyima Mugerwa, Leena Tripathi, Ph.D., Mark Lynas, Raoul Adamchak, Blake Hurst, Motlatsi Musi, Robert T. Fraley, Ph.D., Zen Honeycutt, Kavin Senapathy, Karl Haro Von Mogel, Ph.D., Shelley McGuire, Ph.D., Dr. John Swartzberg, Vani Hari “The Food Babe”, Tamar Haspel, Margaret Mellon, Ph.D., Mary Rockefeller Morgan and David Ropeik.
Food Evolution’s distribution is now being handled by Abramorama with a planned New York release of June 23 and select cities across the country after that.
See the trailer and more movie info at www.foodevolutionmovie.com!
For more news and information, visit these links:
- U of Guelph to host screening of Film Evolution and panel discussion, June 1, 2017 – Guelph Mercury Tribune
- Food Evolution – the movie, May 25, 2017 – Food Science & Technology
- Documentary ‘Food Evolution’ Lands at Abramorama for U.S.,May 10, 2017 – Variety
- ‘Food Evolution’ Acquired For Theatrical Distribution By Abramorama, May 10, 2017 – Deadline
- Food Evolution documentary looks at science, money, and fake news around GMOs, May 22, 2017 – PLOS BLOGS
- ‘Food Evolution’: Film Review, December 1, 2016 – Hollywood Reporter
- Food Evolution – Environmental Film Festival
- FutureFood 2050 & Food Evolution – Institute of Food Technologists
- The Documentary Food Evolution – Future Food 2050
- Food Evolution – Facebook Page
- Food Evolution – IMDb