As we start a new year, the BIO Intellectual Property Department has determined their 2011 priorities. Intellectual Property remains a foundational priority for BIO and our 1100 biotechnology company members.
BIO’s IP department has approved the following priorities for 2011:
1) PTO reforms to improve efficient, timely and quality examination
2) Congressional patent reform legislation
3) Improving IP protection in key foreign markets
4) IP legal developments in the courts
5) Protecting the breadth and flexibility of the patent and technology transfer system.