Intellectual property featured prominently in 2013’s public discourse. Gene patents, patent trolls, India’s anti-patent actions, and other developments around the world captured headlines. Here are Patently Biotech’s top blog posts written in 2013 by number of views.
1. Myriad Supreme Court Decision: BIO’s Statement
2. Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
3. What a Patent is Not
4. Gene Patents, Angelina Jolie, and Reality
5. What OxyContin Tells Us About the Value of “Evergreening” and Patents
A few articles written prior to 2013 also received significant attention.
1. The Real Reason Why Salk Refused to Patent the Polio Vaccine
2. Gene Patents Pros and Cons