Tuesday, April 19, 2016 marks Day 2 of the 13th Annual BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology! BIO has two great plenary programs scheduled for this day.
The Breakfast Plenary Session, Developing a Renewable Chemical Value Chain in the Face of Low Fossil Fuel Prices, will discuss the latest advances in renewable chemicals, including innovative biological processes, new feedstock inputs, market development and how strategic partnerships are changing the renewable chemicals landscape.
This panel will be moderated by Jim Lane, Editor & Publisher of Biofuels Digest. Speakers include:
- Marcel Lubben, President, Reverdia
- John Melo, President and Chief Executive Officer, Amyris
- Felipe Pereira, Chemicals Sector, Brazilian National Development Bank (BNDES)
- Alan Shaw, Chief Executive Officer, Calysta
- Minoru Watari, Team Leader, Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
Young Stars in Industrial Biotechnology& Presentation of the BIO Rosalind Franklin Award will be the theme of Tuesday’s Lunch Plenary Program.
This panel will feature dynamic young stars in the industrial biotech space. Speakers will highlight their technology breakthroughs and varied applications of biotechnology they are currently deploying. Moderated by Stephan Herrera, Vice President, Strategy & Public Affairs of Evolva, panelists include:
- Jeffrey Dietrich, Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder, Lygos
- Reshma Shetty, Co-Founder, Ginkgo Bioworks
- Dan Widmaeir, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Bolt Threads
For more information visit www.bio.org/wc2016