As the summer begins winding down and the year ahead looms ever closer, it’s time to get ready for BIO 2017! We need your help in shaping the future of the BIO education program. The annual Call for Sessions and Speakers opens September 15 and runs through October 13. Our survey results and event feedback indicate that last year’s program was the best ever with record breaking attendance and the emergence of breakthrough ideas discussed by some very imaginative experts and thought leaders.
So how can your submission breakthrough the hundreds we receive? Here are seven tips:
- Relevance: What can you teach the audience that is so timely and relevant that they can’t afford to miss? Will this topic still be relevant in June 2017?
- Write from the heart: You are passionate about your work and we want to know why.
- Focus on your key takeaways: Attendees want to know that their hour will be well spent. Tell them what new information or tactics they will walk away with.
- Diverse speakers: Attendees are seeking advice from a diverse set of speakers. Proposals that have speakers with opposing views are always graded highly.
- Qualifications: Can this proposal be executed sufficiently by the speakers proposed? Think through your objectives and make sure the appropriate speakers will be able to convey that message.
- Reach out to your contacts: We encourage you to brainstorm with a number of your industry contacts and see what topics or ideas rise to the top.
- What sets your proposal apart?BIO receives hundreds of proposals each year. What will make the program committee remember your proposal over your competitors’?
Are you ready to share your story? Solidify your spot on BIO’s biggest stage by submitting a breakthrough proposal. We have all the steps and helpful resources organized for you at convention.bio.org/pitch.